Broad Street Bar
7′, 1500 lb. Test, 29 mm, Bare Steel Finish
The YORK® Broad Street Bar has a minimum tensile strength of 185,000 PSI after heat treating. North American steel is used in the making of this bar. It is less flexible, more rigid, and excellent for use when performing static, highly controlled, slow movements such as the squat, chest press, and deadlift. It is also an excellent weight bar for Olympic lift training. The sleeve is secured on the bar using a bar end nut and spring pin. Sleeves are machined to a precise 1.975” diameter to accommodate 2” Olympic Plates.
This is a bare steel bar and will require maintenance to keep it performing at its best. This bar will patina overtime and take on a brown coloration. This color change is a natural part of the aging process. The Broad Street bar should not be stored in a humid environment and should be wiped down after each use. For more in depth cleaning instructions please see below.
- Brush the bar down with a Nylon Bristle Brush to get everything caked into your bar out.
- Apply 3-in1 oil in streaks along your knurling. The more rust you notice the more oil you will need.
- Grab your Nylon Bristle Brush and start scrubbing the area that you just placed the oil. Your goal is to evenly spread the oil to help penetrate any rust spots.
- Wipe off any excess lubricant.
- Set a New PR with your cleaned bar!